"For those who love the game."
Liberos will work on:
• Serve Reception (technique and execution)
• Taking serves aggressively with your hands
• The importance of hitter coverage
• Reading and recognizing tendencies of attackers
• Having an aggressive defensive mind set
• Defensive pursuit and extending your range
• Being an offensive threat from the back row
• Finding your most aggressive and reliable serve
• Digging with your body
• Efficient transition movements
• Being a reliable secondary setter
• Defending multiple tempo attacks
• How to read and defend from behind the block
Middles will work on:
• Attacking quick or 1st tempo balls
• Running slides and 1 foot attacks
• The importance of having 180 degrees of shot selection
• Being effective with bad sets
• Blocking, attacking, and transition footwork patterns
• Passing short balls in serve receive
• Blocking hand positioning, vision, and responsibilities
• Connecting with your setter
• Making yourself on option in out of system plays
• Serving and playing defense in “at least” one rotation
• Being a good secondary setter
• And a whole lot more!
Outsides will focus on:
• Maximizing power and shot selection through proper technique.
• Establishing different shots, rolls, tips and tools
• Serve reception and transitioning after the pass
• Blocking and responsibility of defending the pins
• Dig to hit transition
• Being an effective back row attacker
• Establishing an effective serve
• Hitting out of system balls and how to adjust to them
• Making the most out of bad sets
• Maximizing your jump and contact point
Check-in at Laughlin Gym: 9:15 a.m.
Session 1: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
— Lunch —
Session 2: 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
— Dinner —
Session 3: 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Where: Wetherby Gym, Laughlin Gym, AAC, RWC on the Morehead State University campus.
Cost: $110.00 – one date; $195.00 – both dates
• Includes all 3 sessions of training, camp t-shirt, lunch and dinner
• Athletes also attending 2017 MSU team camp receive complementary lodging the night of July 10 or July 13.
Ages: Females from age 12 to 18!
Setters will work on:
• Efficient footwork patterns
• Hand placement and positioning
• Tempo, channel, and set location
• Vision and recognition training
• Effectively executing a wide range of sets
• Defensive positioning and setting in transition
• Making the most of out of system balls
• Being an offensive threat using tips, dumps, and attacks
• Blocking as a setter
• Connecting with different style attackers
• Understanding how to run an offense